Oak Ridge Youth Development SchoolOur Programs
Lift Them Up
- Carline Management
- Digital Sign In-Out
- Pickup Slips & Attendance
- You will now be able to sign your scholar in and out of our program in the convenience of your vehicle and smartphone via the new ORYDS app.
Imagine Learning "My Path" Math
Imagine Learning is a game-based learning site in which students play math games as a fun way to learn new concepts and apply knowledge. Games cover certain learning topics and are sorted by ability and grade level. They are designed to adapt in difficulty to the ability of the student, keeping the student in their zone of proximal development. Imagine Learning’s educational content is based on the common core.
Imagine Learning "My Path" Reading
Imagine Learning “My Path” Reading accelerates literacy gains for students in grades K–12 who are at risk of not meeting their grade level standards. Imagine Learning “My Path” Reading enables students to make multiple years of growth in a single academic year.
Imagine Learning immerses students in an age-appropriate learning experience that is tailored to their individual strengths and weaknesses. Its adaptive instructional model maximizes student learning and provides motivational tools to minimize the time required for students to start mastering grade-level skills.
All forms noted below as “Required” must be fully completed and submitted before payment will be accepted. You will receive a payment request by email (unless receiving a scholarship) and this must be paid in full before your student can attend programming.
Enrollment Application (Required)
CCL 010 Emergency Medical (Required/Notarize)
CCL 358 Child Health History (Required)
Safety Around Water (Required/Summer Program Only)
Summer Permission Form (Required/Summer Program Only)
CCL 026 Medication Auth (Optional)
CCL 359 Self Administration (Optional)
Make sure all highlighted text fields are completed. If you do not have a response type the word (none) or (N/A) in the field. After completion and you sign the document it will automatically be forwarded to our school office.
If you choose to download and print, please scan and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment is completed when all of the documents are received and approved by the office. That includes the (2) health forms that require a signature and notarization. Download and print those forms.
After they are completed and notarized, you can scan to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also mail to Oak Ridge Youth Development School, Attn: Enrollment, 9301 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, KS 66112-1530.
Registration for summer school begins.
Final day to pay registration for summer school.
Juneteenth national Federal Holiday (school opened for related activities)
Independence Day national Federal Holiday (school closed)
Thank you for your partnership as we work to keep our students and staff healthy. Each of us plays a crucial role in reducing the spread of COVID-19.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Wear mask
- Wash hands and use sanitizer regularly
- Limited number of students in classroom
- Other (List other protocols here)
Students and staff who are waiting on results of a COVID-19 test should not come to school/work. If you have a positive case in your household, unvaccinated household members must be isolated from the positive case.
If they are unable to isolate then their first day of quarantine does not count until the positive is no longer contagious. This means that someone who is unvaccinated and cannot be isolated would be quarantined for a minimum of 16 days.
For more information, please contact either the Wyandotte County Health Department at (913) 573-8855.
We urge everyone to take the following preventive measures:
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Stay at home when you are awaiting results of a COVID-19 test.
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin – try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Wash your hands regularly, using soap and hot water, wash for 20 seconds don’t forget fingertips.
- Use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Always try to cough or sneeze into a tissue, if you don’t have a tissue, cough/sneeze into your arm.
- Monitor your child’s health daily.