Oak Ridge Youth Development School is looking for an individual that has a heart and a passion for developing programs for children to serve as the Executive Director.
WHO WE ARE:
Oak Ridge Youth Development School was established in 2006. The initial summer program was called “Lift Them Up”. It was proposed to provide academic enrichment and fun activities to the youth of our community grades kindergarten through twelve.
Because of Oak Ridge Youth Development Corporation desire to expand its program offerings, they established their own entity named the Oak Ridge Youth Development School as a 501c3 in 2013.
Our mission is to prevent the academic summer slide of youth. Through various partnerships, we provide a physically, socially, emotionally, academically safe environment for the summer.
A day and a life as an Executive Director:
The Executive Director is responsible for strategic planning, vision-casting, people management, and organizational operations. President and Board of Directors engagement, and fundraising/public relations. This includes but is not limited to ensuring ORYDS fulfills its mission and champions the organization’s mission and vision for the purposes of expansion in programs and scope of services.
Executive Director attributes and skills:
- Persuasive & Passionate Communicator/Public Speaker
- Strategic Thinker
- Goal Oriented
- Organized & Efficient
- Entrepreneurial & Adaptable
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master Degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in education working with or in non-profit organizations with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
- Knowledge of and excitement to support the mission, vision, values, and strategies of ORYDS.
- Knowledge of and agreement with all ORYDS principles as it applies to ORYDS initiatives.
- Technological savvy-able to pick up and learn/implement/train new programs and software quickly.
Why work with ORYDS?
We foster an atmosphere where the children, students, and staff are loving, and they know they are loved! We create a loving environment where kids feel special.
- Six (6) weeks of vacation (between August (Flexible)-April). Vacation days not allowed between May-July)
- Retirement Contribution
- Birthday day off
- Church established holidays observance off
- Technology provided-company laptop
- Gym membership at YMCA (located near office)
- Potential annual pay incentive (1-3%), based upon meeting performance and fiscal, educational, fundraising, budgets, goals, and objectives.
Hybrid schedule: (3) days office, (2 days) may work from home. Days at home can’t consist of a Monday or Friday in the same week. Work Hours: 9am-4:30pm/Evening 1:30-8:30pm with occasional after-hour events. Flexible office hours for appointments, board meetings, staff meetings. Flexibility for weekend and evening tutoring planning, administrative, client engagement.
This position reports to the Dr. Ricky D. Turner, President, and CEO
Salary: $60,000/year (based on education and experience)
Please visit https://form.jotform.com/73474852259972 to complete an employment application. Please include a resume. Further questions may be directed to Tracy Seitz, ScottHR, email@example.com, or at 785-806-5100.