Our mission is to nurture, mentor and empower youth to become critical thinkers and capable leaders in a global society.
Welcome to Oak Ridge Youth Development School
Oak Ridge Youth Development Corporation is a 501c3 of the Oak Ridge Missionary Baptist Church that was established in 2013.
Through various partnerships we provide a physically, socially, emotionally and academically safe environment for the summer.
We invite you to peruse our entire website to learn more about our school and what we strive to accomplish through contact with each and every scholar who enrolls in our program.
What is ORYDS?
The Oak Ridge Experience
- 8:00 – 8:30 Breakfast
- 8:30 – 9:00 Harambee!
- 9:00 –11:30 Academic Block – Symphony Math/Lexia Core 5 / Independent Reading, Integrated writing.
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch and Outdoor Activities
- 12:30 – 1:45 Integrated Health Curriculum (Swimming, Kids in the Kitchen, Physical Fitness)
- 1:45 – 2:45 Integrated Curriculum (STEAM, Character Counts, Entrepreneurship, Chess)
- 2:50 – 3:00 Afternoon Snack
- 3:00 Dismissal
- 3:00 – 5:00 After School Care